Coaxial Cable cord
Connect the coaxial cable from your dish to your satellite decoder splitter( i.e the "in" part) and then connect one cable from the first "out" port to your decoder and the one from the second port to your Linksys modem; the cable can be purchased from any shop where they sell cable
decoder while one of the other coaxial cable cords is connected to your television to watch satellite stations.
Coaxial Cable cord
Connect the second Coaxial cable cord from the splitter to WAN port of your router (Linksys Router)
Coaxial Cable cord
If your cable modem does not have an inbuilt router facility, you will need to connect your cable Modem to the CATV network of your router using the same coaxial cable connection as your TV, but might need to convert it
Connect the Ethernet Cable from the router to your computer system, which can stand as a client if you are using only one computer or server if you are networking more than one system, make sure that your computer has an inbuilt Ethernet adapter on the Motherboard or a separate Ethernet card, you can also install an Ethernet Card into an available internal expansion slot or you can alternatively use a USB - Based Ethernet Adapter instead. In our connection we use a USB -based Ethernet adapter on HITV Decoder
RJ -45 Cable
At the back of the Linksys Router there are several ports, port 1 - 4 Stand as the LAN(Local Area Network) Port which can be used to connect 1 -4 CPU to the router with an RJ -45NIC Cable, in most cases the cables comes with the router when you purchase it. Connect 1 -4 CPU to the LAN Port of the router with your RJ -45 Cables, please don't mistake it with the Ethernet cable, as is only to be used to connect the computer which is the server to the Router for network routing and also note that each of the CPU that connect to the Router LAN Port with the help of RJ-45 must have an inbuilt Network card install in them, while the server should have an Ethernet card adapter install on the board as mentioned earlier.
The fifth port of the Linksys Router which stand as the WAN Port (Wireless Access Network) Connect the second coaxial cable that comes from the splitter to the WAN Port of the Router, but note that you need a converter which is an adapter that convert the coaxial cable to RJ -45 cable since the Router WAN port does not have a direct port for a coaxial cable
The sixth port of the Linksys Router which is called the UplinkPort, the port can be connected to a Hub or a Switch to enable additional users or computers within the network range to share with the internet of your decoder via wireless access
System Configuration Steps
1. Start up your computer that we call the server, and click on the start button and then click on control panel
2. Click on Network connection from the control panel tab
3. Click on Create a new Network connection from the Network Connection from the control panel tab
4. Select the Connect to the Internet Radio button and then click on Next button
5. Select the Choose from the a list of Internet Service providers[ISPs] radio button and click on Next button
6. Finally Click on Finish button, Then the connection will then come up
7. Open up your Internet Browser and start browsing
(1) Internet Explorer
(2) Google Chrome
And much more
Operating System Compatibility (1) Windows Operating System (2) Linux Operating System
What can this Internet Technology be used for? (1) Personal Usage
(2) Group Usage in an Organization or Company
(3) Cyber Cafe;
(4) Business Center for Email Service and Internet Calls
Benefits of using this Technology (1) Pay only monthly subscription for your cable TV and it covers the Internet Bill (2) Browse with a very fast internet speed of 4mbs download speed
(3) Connect large number of Computer systems with the help of a Network devices
(4) Connection configuration is simple and easy
(5) You can watch Cable TV while browsing the internet at the same time without conflict
(6) No downtime for internet connection except if your subscription as elapsed, or one of the connection devices gets faulty.
(7) You can buy two decoders to setup a mini cyber cafe; and cable TV football center at the same time
I believe you will be successful using this manual to configure your decoder internet browsing.
Richokens writes on a accumulation of subjects and recommends you visit
http://getadsenseaccount.webs.com to get a Genuine Google Adsense Account.
Notice - You are allowed to publish this article in its entirety provided that author's name, bio and website links must remain active/intact and included with every reproduction.