Advice on installation / setup of DStv XtraView (3 decoders) with heartbeat over SLNB
I currently have an SD Dual View decoder and I'm looking at upgrading to a 3 decoder ([B]1 Explora & 2 HD4U Single View[/B]) xtra view set-up over 4 TV's. I'm an average fella with no prior DStv installation knowledge.
So to kick-off things, I did quite a bit of reading up online (blogs, forums, reviews) on connecting decoders, HDMI cables and splitters, cable maximum lengths and etc. so I could build a picture of what I wanted, how it could be set-up affordably and what would I need.
My aim was to have all 4 TV's to have High Definition feed. 3 TV's would be completely independent and 1 (Bar) will have 2 feeds from 2 decoders. I would have to use 2 1x2 powered (active) HDMI splitters.
The DSTV Installers Johannesburg end result is a diagram that I made with my little acquired knowledge.
1) I'd like to know if this is possible / feasible and won't result in an unstable connection?
2) Are there flaws to my set-up and how can I improve it, with consideration to costs?
3) Is the HDMI surge protector placed correctly?
4) What userbands will have to be set into the decoders for this set-up to work?
5) Should I need to control the HD single view (Lounge) from the Bar, will it be possible with a remote blaster?
If anyone may know, how much would labour cost for such a job? There are 7 double walls to be drilled through.